CICS Limited Environmental & Sustainability Policy 2015
It is the policy of Commercial & Industrial Cleaning Services to have its Environmental and Sustainability Objectives at the core of everything we do, we strive to work with other organisations to achieve real results, only through co-operation with our customers and other similar minded organisations can we make a genuine difference and ensure a sustainable future for our company, clients and all stakeholders.
Our Environmental & Sustainability Policy for 2015 is as follows:
- Ensure all Cleaning Consumables are purchased from Sustainable & Ethical sources.
- Continue to move to Green Cleaning products and ensure where possible that any product used carries the Eco Flower label.
- Implement Vehicle Trackers on all vehicles to reduce wasted journeys and better monitor our carbon footprint and lessen our impact on highly congested areas.
- Increase our fully electric Van Fleet from 3 vans to 5 vans and reduce our carbon footprint significantly.
- Continue to work with Grosvenor & First Mile in Westminster on our waste consolidation strategy and assist in promoting and managing the service.
- Improve measurement and reporting of waste collected on behalf of all clients.
- Work with other service providers to extend the waste consolidation strategy across other London Estates.
- Build a recycling station in Belgravia to assist in overall mixed recycling rates.
- Assist our employees with courses to improve their spoken and written English.
- Continue our relationship with the Building Futures Group to see 50 employees through their Apprenticeships in 2015.
- Support local businesses and trades and make them the first port of call as per our Purchasing Policy.
- Get involved in community projects with our clients and service partners where possible.
CICS Limited is an ISO 14001 accredited company and as such we identify all applicable laws and regulations to ensure that appropriate controls are in place to achieve compliance. This policy is reviewed annually or periodically if new opportunities to improve our Environmental performance arise.
- Cleaning Consumables are purchased from Sustainable & Ethical sources
- Implement Vehicle Trackers on all vehicles to reduce wasted journeys
- Ensure where possible that any product used carries the Eco Flower label
- Continue to work on our waste consolidation strategy
- Increase our fully electric Van Fleet from 3 vans to 5 vans